As Christmas gets ever closer, if you haven’t got your food sorted, there’s no need to panic – it might be time to cheat! And cheating doesn’t mean poorer quality when you buy from Tesco’s Finest range. Don’t spend time fiddling around with bacon and sausages – buy your pigs already in blankets! Roasties can be hit and miss – make sure yours are always a hit with Finest Goose Fat Roast Potatoes or follow our easy recipe. Add Christmas cake, pud and mince pies to your shopping list and make sure you keep our roast turkey with olde English chestnut stuffing recipe handy and you’re all set for the big day. Happy Christmas! Nichola Palmer – Recipes Editor, goodtoknow
A really big sandwich that is packed full with leftover Christmas turkey, stuffing, sausage and salad leaves. A quick and easy snack for 2 people that will use up any leftovers you might have.
- Serves: 2
- Total time: 10 mins
- Skill level: Easy peasy
- Costs: Cheap as chips
- 6 slices granary bread
- 6 tsp mayonnaise
- 6 slices cooked turkey
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 4 tsp cooked stuffing
- 4 cooked chipolatas, halved lengthways
- 2 handfuls of rocket and chard salad or other leaves
- 4 cocktail sticks
This sandwich is not just good for leftovers, it’s perfect for festive lunches all the way through December
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with the mayonnaise. Top 2 slices of bread with the turkey slices and cranberry sauce.
- Put a second slice of bread, mayonnaise-side up, on top, then pile on the stuffing, halved chipolatas and a handful of salad leaves.
- Put the last slice of bread on top. Push 2 cocktail sticks into each sandwich to hold them together, then cut the sandwich in half and serve.
By Woman’s Weekly