Free & easy recipe video: Watch new how-to recipe videos with goodtoknow and Woman’s Weekly see all videos >
A slice of this pretty pork roll is like a slice of sunshine on your plate. Pork and pineapple surprisingly works great together.The fresh, fruity and sweet flavours of the filling make the perfect accompaniment to lean pork, making it a dish with a difference. It would make an impressive main if you have guests over, or want to try your hand at a new recipe, but it’s also best served cold as part of a salad.
For a more savoury filling, replace the pineapple with chopped finely courgette or green pepper.
- 500g piece pork fillet, trimmed of fat
- 1tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g fresh or canned pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Wash and pat dry the pork fillet. Slice the fillet lengthwise to within 1cm of the other side. Place on a board and flatten with a meat mallet or cling film wrapped rolling pin, to a thickness of about 6mm.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the chopped thyme. Mix the pineapple and pepper together and spread down the centre of the pork and roll up.
- Carefully wrap the bacon around the pork, overlapping the slices to help hold the pork together, and then tie with clean pieces of string to secure. Place in a roasting tin and bake for 35-40 mins until tender and cooked through. Leave to cool, then wrap and chill for at least 2hrs.
- To serve, discard the string, and cut into chunky slices. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with salad vegetables.
By Kathryn Hawkins
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Delia Smith is no longer the face of Waitrose but Heston Blumenthal will stay – whose food would you rather eat?
- Delia Smith’s classic meals 77%
- Heston Blumenthal’s crazy inventions 10%
- Neither 13%
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
Incoming search terms:
- chef ramsay pineapple recipes
- gordonramsey pork fillet recipes
- gordon ramsy using papaya and pineapple to tenderise meT
- gordon ramsey pork roll
- gordon ramsay port filet
- gordon ramsay pineapple recipe
- gordon ramsay pinaple salad
- gordon ramsay home cooking pineapple salad
- gordon ramsay corgete fritata
- gorden ramsey recipe for pork and prawn rolls