Gordon Ramsay’s Spicy Vegetable and Paneer Wraps
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You will need
200g spinach leaves
2–3 tbsp vegetable oil
3cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp hot chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
225g block of paneer, cut into thin strips
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Juice of ½ lemon
4 chapattis or flour tortillas
Coriander and chilli raita
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spinach and blanch for 30 seconds to one minute until wilted. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli and onion and cook for two to three minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the red pepper and carrots and stir well. After a few minutes, add the salt, garam masala, chilli powder and cumin. Continue to fry until the vegetables have slightly softened yet still retain some bite.
4. Lastly, stir through the strips of paneer, chopped coriander and lemon juice and cook for a few minutes. Remove the pan from the hob.
5. Warm the chapattis in a wide, dry frying pan to soften them a little (this makes them easier to wrap with.) Spread a tablespoon of coriander and chilli raitaon each warmed chapatti and cover with a layer of blanched spinach.
6. Spoon the vegetable and paneer filling on top and roll up the chapatti to enclose the filling, as you would a parcel.
7. Wrap each spicy vegetable wrap in baking parchment and foil (or old newspaper) and serve warm. If you find the wraps have gone cold, warm them through in a hot oven for a few minutes before serving.