Christmas pudding recipes
A hearty, flavoursome bake, Christmas puddings are traditionally made on Stir-up Sunday which falls on the last Sunday before December starts (the last before advent). In 2012, this is on 25th November but don’t worry if you don’t make it then, our selection of easy recipes has ideas you can make right up until the day itself.
Starting with our traditional Christmas pudding recipe, which comes with a handy step-by-step video recipe to ensure you get yours just right, our selection of the best recipes on goodtoknow features some delicious new flavour combinations as well a boozy version and a vegetarian alternative so you can suit your bake to any occasion or guest.
We’ve also got some great ideas for Christmas pudding alternatives if you’ve got any relatives that aren’t too keen on the rich taste. Our gingerbread pudding, from Christmas queen Delia Smith herself, and our Lincolnshire carrot pudding have the same kind of feel as the traditional bake but with a lighter taste.
Top tip: Whenever you make you Christmas pudding, it will take up to 4 hours to re-heat on Christmas day as you need to steam it to do this. Give yourself plenty of time – you don’t want lots of hungry faces waiting for their pud!
See something you like? Save all your favourite recipes in one place by starting your own recipe book on goodtoknow.
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay christmas pudding recipe
- gordon ramsay christmas pudding
- Christmas pudding recipes by gordon ramsay
- Christmas pudding receipe gordon ramsey
- gordan ramsay steamed pudding
- christmas pudding recipe gordon ramsey
- Gord Ramsy Carot Pudding
- gordon ramsay recipes - steamed date & ginger pudding
- gordon ramsey christmas date pudding
- ramsays christmas pudding recipe